Monday, October 22, 2012

Upcoming Races

The cool evenings and light clouds were great for the sunsets last week, and I seemed to get a few okay photos.
It worked out well that I still had Craig's bike last week, and Jesse was able to come up to Boulder and keep adding to his cyclocross mileage for the week. Tuesday I took him out for my "usual" Tuesday cross ride. It was interesting since he had Strava running, and I had been meaning to see what the ride looked like, since I had just been "riding" it, totally clueless.
It's always nice when you figure a ride is about 20 miles... but it turns out to be more like 32 (we took a short cut home due to the sky pictured above; IOW, no daylight left)! I'm pretty bummed that I won't be able to make the first F1 Gran Prix at the new Circuit of the America's, though last week, they did announce for sure, that both MotoGP and V8 Supercars will be coming next year!! Man, I'd love to make either of those races! And they're a good bit more affordable, being only about 1/4 the cost of a full F1 weekend pass. And even better was today's first lap on the course, run by Mario Andretti in his John Player Special World Championship winning car, from 1979. Easily one of the most gorgeous cars ever... and just listen to the sound of that beast! Mario's lap was followed up with this lap by Jerome D’Ambrosio in a Renault RB30. I've "driven" the course in the new Codemaster's F1 2012 game, and it's a pretty amazing track even there. It should be awesome for both racing and spectating!

No comments: