Friday, October 19, 2007

I hate fall...

I remembered the other day why I hate fall... it's freakin' cold! And the days are short! I was climbing Flagstaff road the other day after work, and it was already starting to get dark. It was windy and only about 50 degrees. I was climbing in a jacket and knee warmers and was far from being hot. ...it's going to be another long winter. At least it was quiet, and there weren't many cars full of sight-seers making the trip up and down.

Of course, that didn't stop the group of 4 I passed, climbing with their helmets strapped to their handlebars. Apparently it was too hot to wear their helmets... or something. Whatever it was, they sure did "look pro". Dorks. And even better, I passed a guy (again, remember it was 50 degrees) climbing with just a t-shirt... UNDER his bibs. Always a classic look. I mentioned that one to Craig, and he replied that he thought it was time that clothing manufactures started putting instruction manuals with bibs. You know, to explain to people that bibs ARE NOT overalls! There's no hammer loop, there's no breast pocket on the front... wear a jersey OVER your bibs. You can wear your baselayer under your bibs... but only if you have a jersey on also.
Boulder cyclocross race tomorrow.

But today I decided, is "Bring your doggie to work day";


No comments: