Monday, August 19, 2013

Marbles

I snuck out this afternoon for a workout Boulder Colorado style; no, I didn't tuck my iPhone headphones into my plaid button down, untuck from my designer jeans and don some "foot-gloves" for a power walk to the nearest food truck for some jalapeno bites - that would be the IT-Software Engineer workout. Instead I did the Colorado CX workout; cranked the heat up to 92 degrees, pumped my tires up to 60psi and went to Valmont bike park to practice two-wheel drifting in the marbles. At least it's always easy to pick out which part of the workout involved stair intervals.
On my ride to work today, as I endlessly dodged unpredictable and completely oblivious idiots working their way down the path, I realized why I really hate these people. It's because if you don't care how you meander down a public path - a rather busy one in Boulder no less - and can't adhere to the most simple rules like staying right or looking before you suddenly turn left across the path or NOT stand in the middle of the path smoking oxy off a sheet of tin foil... then chances are you just don't understand, or respect, the way that society is supposed to work. Seriously people, just figure it out, and NOTICE that there are other people on the same planet as you. This is my new favorite super-hero... I really can't wait to see who is arch-nemesis will be! Meanwhile the US Pro Cycling Challenge is already an hour old, and somehow Jens Voigt hasn't even been in a breakaway yet.

No comments: