Friday, July 17, 2009

I just mentioned the Longmont Crit in the last post... which reminded me of the two best lines I overheard that day;
1.) From the registration chick; "Whoah! You're Todd Wells, you're famous! I've watched you race!"
2.) From the goofy Cat4 riding his trainer during his warm-up, surrounded by more bike gear and crap spread all over the sidewalk, than an entire colegiate cycling team; "Honey, could you get me the bag off the seat of the car? The one with all the white pills in it?"

I've been playing with the Ninja, and tweaking a few things. When I bought it, it came with (free of charge!) a bit of cosmetic damage on the left fairing, from the previous owner, who obviously low-sided. I didn't mind it too much, especially since it wasn't broken, just ugly... but that only lasted like 2 weeks before I was trying to figure out what to do with it. I ended up getting some paint, and just touching it up a bit. Before;

After;

It's not perfect, but from 10 feet away, it looks as normal as can be.
The original front signals were a bit ugly in my opinion, and had gotten scratched up a bit in the low-side as well. So I replaced them with some that are much more similar to the ones from a ZX-6, and sit a lot more flush to the bike. You can see the difference in the pictures above, and from the front you can see the old one on the right, and the new one on the left;

Finally, for now, I also got some matching front fender bolts, so that I could remove the hideous reflector that is on there - it was the equivalent of having bicycle wheel reflectors. While the moto was "mostly clean" I just plain snapped some quick pictures, since for once, it wasn't raining outside!

No comments: