Thursday, July 5, 2007

The 4th...

Yep, 4th of July. Pretty much one of my favorite holidays. It's always warm, it's near my birthday, and you get to blow things up. Fireworks, and especially explosions, are good. And now, well, it's also going to be our wedding anniversary. It was also a day off work; always a welcome gift, especially when it comes in the middle of the week. And I believe I needed a break, because it was the first time in a long time, that I actually got to take a nap in the middle of the day. And it easily turned into a two hour nap, before I made myself get out of bed. After my rest, Jessica and went out to find some fireworks!

It was a lovely evening, and the plan was to try to make our way up Flagstaff. The Flatirons looked very inviting in the setting sunlight.
Not surprisingly, Baseline Road was closed going up Flagstaff. Whatever, rules don't apply; Jessica was feeling like a trooper, so we took the hike up to the first parking lot up the hill. It was a nice walk, and it made me wish the road was closed whenever I was going to ride up the hill! We had a great vantage point with very few people nearby. The fireworks were to be at Folsom field, right in the background. Luckily, we were also able to see a couple separate shows up near Longmont, and several in the Lafayette, Broomfield, Supior directions. Easily 6 shows we saw all from one spot, which was great, since the Boulder ones were quite lacking in my opinion.

Today, I was poking around the Formula1 site, getting ready for tomorrow's British Grand Prix, Friday practice, when I noticed their F1 store. Knowing they just had to have something ridiculous in there, I took a peak. Now I can't decide if I want the $520 carbon fibre mouse pad..

...or the $260 F1 baseball cap, complete with the F1 logo, completely in Swarovski crystals...






No comments: