Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Pre-4th Weekend

So Saturday was the Sunshine Hill Climb. I "rode" in that race. Let's just leave it at that. I was really unhappy with my race, and I think I'm going to put more work towards setting up my new dodgeball/kickball team instead...

After the race, Jesse and Seth came up for a relaxing BBQ. We ate way too many hotdogs, drank plenty of beer, and threw some quoits. As the sun started to set, it was off to Nederland for the fireworks. I love the 4th of July, especially because of fireworks. The display was pretty great, and the people watching beforehand was nearly as good.

Saturday morning we slept in a bit, and I showed my guest Seth, proper hospitality by making him a lovely hotdog omelette. Don't blame me, it's what he asked for, and the customer is always right!


After that "light" breakfast, we went out to do a leisurely little 2 hour ride. It was nice staying up high, since even at 8000 feet, it was over 80 degrees! Though the omelette I had (sans hotdogs) made itself known in my belly, during the entire ride!

Like I said though, the weather was perfect!
After the ride, we hit up 7-11, all locations which now seem to be "Quicky-Marts" in honor of the upcoming Simpson's movie, for some "Squishies" to help cool off. Then some time in the swimming pool to further the cooling process. All-together, a busy, but relaxing day. The grill was even fired-up, resulting in some big ol' house-burgers, grilled potatos and a lovely grilled onion.

No comments: