Monday, July 21, 2008

July 4th, 2008

The big day...

So yeah, I'm totally married now. Seems like such a crazy grown-up thing to do! But Jessica is awesome, and I get to call her "The Old Lady" now, and she can't complain. Plus, now she has to pack my lunch, and do my laundry, and have dinner ready when I get home... that's the way it works, right!?

Mostly on the day of, I tried to get some rest in, knowing it was going to be a long night. So that meant hanging out with the boys, and endless games of quoits. I think everything else was set by that point... and if it wasn't... it was too late to do anything about it anyway. Time to relax and hang out! Before I knew it, it was time to head down to Lyons for the festivities.

Jessica had nothing to fear; I showed up ready to go, on time!

And instead of faking her own abduction, Jessica also showed up on time!

Pleasantries were exchanged, and promises were made;

And before we knew it, we were married, and it was time to get down and party!

People told me a million times before the wedding that the day would fly by. And I was definitely prepared for it to go by super quickly. But I don't think words can really tell you just how quickly the day will pass! It was a great time though, and we were so glad so many of our friends and family could make it to spend the special day with us.

We weren't ready to end the night though, and after the grand departure in the limo, we drove directly down the hill and stopped at Oskar Blues for a bit more partying. I mean after all, how often do you get to roll into a bar, fully dressed in your wedding attire!? -Hopefully, a grand total of "once"! We have some "old-fashioned" film pictures from the trip that aren't developed yet - but I can't wait to see the one of Jessica playing pinball in her wedding gown. A few friends met us, and we had some drinks, played some pool and the amazing collection of classic arcade games that Oskars has, before departing once again to the hotel for a well-deserved night of rest!

No comments: