Saturday, July 19, 2008

We Made It!

Well, we made it not just through the wedding, but also home after an amazing trip to Greece! I've got lots of catching up to do, so my two or three loyal readers will just have to stay tuned for a (hopefully) steady stream of updates with plenty of pictures and all that jazz.

The week leading up to the wedding was just absolutely crazy! I think I was running on pure adrenaline by the time we climbed on the plane for the honeymoon, where I promptly passed out and fell asleep before we even made it to the end of the runway for take off.

Tuesday Jessica and I worked, and even snuck out for a long lunch to meet up J9, Nickle, and the young-uns who all made the trip out for the wedding. It was awesome to see them, and finally meet that little Damien guy! The Parents flew in from South Carolina that afternoon, and met up with us after work so we could all head down to Denver to have dinner with Jessica's parents, and some more of her family that had flown in that day was well. Then we were off to the airport straight from there to pick up Brent. Of course, it turned into a late night before we were home and finally in bed.

Up early the next morning so I could get into work early, again, to ensure I could get everything done that I needed to do. Plus, I was planning on bailing from work an hour or so early to get things done. Straight from work to the tuxedo shop for fittings and meeting up with my Brock, Craig and Harry who were all coming into town that day. That Craig is one daper-dude;

Straight from there to the Rehearsal, so we could practice our "act", and memorize those lines;

Straight from there to rehearsal dinner, and THEN straight from there we headed down to Denver, to meet up with some of the gang, for "boys night out". That, needless to say, also led to another very VERY late night, and of course feeling a bit "worn-out" the following day. Ouchie.

Thursday I finally had off from work, and we mostly just hung out around the house, trying to recover while getting in as many games of quoits as possible. The ladies were off doing their girly-things, and we had enough things to do, in order to get ready for the big day, including final fittings and picking up of the tuxedos. The boys stopped long enough for a quick picture;

Then that evening some of the gang had plans to head back down to Denver so we could catch the cabaret show at Lannie's. If you get a chance to make one of the shows there, do it, you won't be sorry. It was a great show and I had a blast. The hosts were great; guy did a Michael Jackson sort of skit, that had me cracking up;

...and the whole reason we found out about this show, and to make it even better, J9 was doing a couple acts while she was in town, and it was awesome to get to see her flaunt her skills! I mean, what show isn't better when you know someone that is performing?

Not surprisingly, the show meant another late night of getting home. Straight to bed, so I could try to get as much rest as possible, before the big day that was to come...

No comments: