Can you really even wrap your mind around 700 billion dollars?
Well, here is a stack of 9 million, 1 dollar bills;
It's 5 feet tall, 10 feet long, and 6¼ feet wide. A single stack of dollar bills in this amount would be 3,000 feet high. This pile is comparable in size to a single compact car, of which you could buy 489 of them for the amount, with enough cash left over to fill up the gas tanks of 162 of them.
And here is a stack of 315 billion, 1 dollar bills;
This pile is 125 feet wide, 200 feet deep, and 450 feet tall. 450 feet is the height of a 38-story building. It’s the height of the Millenium Wheel in London and also the height of the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas. If you were to stack the money in a single stack, your stack would be 19,887 miles tall, enough to wrap the Moon at its equator almost 3 times.
So you know you, 700 billion? Roughly DOUBLE that stack. Or multiply this stack by seven hundred;
What will $700 billion dollars buy?
- 600 gallons of gasoline for every American
- the average annual salaries of 12.1 million Americans
- 3.4 million houses outright, according to the median price of existing U.S. homes today (Mortgages? What bad mortgages?)
- Free college educations at public institutions, for 23 million Americans
- A laptop for EVERY single child in the World
Or, perhaps most importantly, 700 billion dollars would buy 56,000 Victoria Secret diamond and ruby encrusted bras.