Friday, August 27, 2010

Seasonal Changes Coming

Another busy week! Even more so this week, as road season is wrapping up, and cyclocross season is doing it's usual, and completely sneaking up to surprise! Not the least bit of surprise, was the beginning of some trees changing in Four-Mile Canyon. I swear, that is always the first place I see them changing! At the same time the week seems to be moving along slowly, as there is beach-time on my horizon!

The weekend before at the BRC crit, I cracked one of my beloved Shimano wheels. But that meant I was wide open to do some testing on a new pair of wheels that Nico at Cycling Technology is checking out. They're built (by me of course) with a new design on the C4 hubs, Sapim spokes, and using a new carbon clincher rim. They're VERY affordable and weigh in at just 1,300g for the pair. Not bad at all. They're pretty good-looking to boot;

They worked quite well in the racing this weekend too! Saturday was the Raisin Hope Crit, where I did the 35+ race, and the team took the win after we got a selection to go, including Mr. Coyle, who took out the final sprint. Sunday was the Primal (HART) Crit, in a mere 100 degrees. The race was hard, and I was on the front early in the race doing a lot. With my job done, I missed the last couple laps, but had a good seat to see the Groove-Subaru train showing it's might coming into the last lap, where they did a great job setting up Lance for the win!

Jonathan Vaughters gave it some thought, and declared that he was quite impressed;

Ever notice how all pictures of JV these days seem deserving of a funny caption? I like my captions simple though. I came across this picture this week, and I don't even need to tell you, that it says a million words without even thinking about a caption.

Anyway... Didn't someone say something about cyclocross season?

Yeah, that's right, it's sneaking up on us crazy-fast! And no doubt things are moving fast as this week I accepted an offer to join up with a new cyclocross team for this fall! It's going to be a blast, and even with all the team management work I've done, I've been nothing but impressed with how things have been handled so far! Official announcements and pictures and all that coming soon, but for now, this is all you get;

Like I said, it's going to be a lot of fun, I'm even riding with some guys I've enjoyed riding with in the past, AND it's going to be a strong team, which is always a great too!

Things are moving quickly, and I've already booked tickets to head out to Interbike with the sponsors, where the team will be jumping in the Wheelers and Dealers race too! With any luck, a shiny new bike will be here when I get back from the beach, waiting to go out and get muddy! Or more like "dusty" since we live in Colorado anyway!

Anyone for barrier practice!?!?

No comments: