Monday, October 13, 2008

Congrats Stephanie and Craig!

Brrr... 20 degrees when I woke up this morning. I really, really, do not like winter. Nor do I like getting up in the dark, scraping the ice off the car, and sliding my way down the mountain. When does summer come back?

But before this morning's trek back to work, Jessica and I were off to Albuquerque for the wedding of our friends Stephanie and Craig. Sounded like a good plan to head south, since the weather was going to be crap up here. Heading south means going through Colorado Springs. And the only thing I like in Colorado Springs, besides the B-52 Stratofortress sitting outside of the AirForce Academy is Dunkin' Donuts. So of course, we had to make a stop... coming home too. They didn't dissapoint, since it's also the time of year for pumpkin spice donuts!

Somehow, I've never been to New Mexico, so I was pretty excited about the trip. Especially since the wedding was going to coincide with the annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. It's been awhile since I've been to a balloon festival, and this one is supposed to be pretty huge. Though I quickly realized that as expected, the drive was indeed quite boring.

Nothing over here either;

Though, apparently, a giant dinosaur took a huge dump over here;

We finally made it though, and Saturday morning it was time for the wedding. Sadly, there were some evil winds in the area, and some rainstorms, so the balloon festivities were canceled. Bummer! But the wedding went off without a hitch, other than some high winds, to keep things interesting. Congrats Steph and Craig!

I thought for a few seconds that maybe this was the sweet ride that was reserved to carry the happy couple off to their honeymoon;

The drive home on Sunday was more of the same exciting roads. Scenic clouds at least;

And we stopped off in Wagon Mound to take in our sight-seeing, and history lesson.

NOW are we any closer to Summer!?!?

No comments: