Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Throw It All In The Pot...

Of course, the markets closed up, quite a bit today... because it's an "even" day. I'm so sick of the news and this silly roller coaster. Stop the ride! I want to get off! I think I'm going to be sick! And if that wasn't enough to make you sick, maybe you should look a little closer at how your 700 billion individual tax dollars is being spent. Weird... it's never "the poor keep getting richer..."

Clarence was still pretty wiped-off from his visit to the Vet on Friday night, so we just hung out. He seemed to be perfectly happy, doing his impression of silly-putty;

Whatever his problem was, I think I caught it on Saturday. I was all about catching up on sleep, then passing sleep, then dropping the hammer while I watched it disappear in my rear-view mirror. Once again, I blame the fact that it's hibernating time. The sun was out, but it was chilly, and my body apparently wanted to conserve calories by sleeping the day away.

That's okay, I had to rest up anyway, since Saturday evening Seth and Melissa had planned a Low Country Boil and I wasn't going to miss that. You don't want to miss cooking with Old Bay Seasoning, sitting on a hay-bale while someone dumps 25lbs. of food onto the table in front of you, and mocking the the people that ask for a fork. I was in charge of cider, and I mixed up a big ol' batch to throw on the stove. Always a fun thing to prepare, because it's hard to screw it up - if it tastes funny, you just add more rum. Everyone else was in charge of side dishes, and I tasted nothing that I did not like.

Sunday we were off to a wedding... no, not the one above. The one for our friends Simon and Brian. They snuck away to elope last month, so instead we were treated to a quick little restating of vows, and an amazing brunch. It was great to meet some of their other friends, and catch up with some other people I hadn't seen in awhile. It was also great to see these two share their ceremony with us, and I wish them the best of luck for the future!

After the wedding I snuck out for a quick ride and froze my butt off. I had missed the racing that day, and had to get out for at least a bit. Yesterday was more of the same... sneaking in a quick ride before it gets much colder and/or completely dark. And while it's warmer today, I'm depressed at the idea that this week is likely the last for any truly productive rides after work. Maybe I should but out the headlight... it's been awhile, but night riding is always fun!

No comments: