Friday, October 17, 2008

Full Moon, Empty Legs

Tuesday night, I think it was, featured a full moon, and clear skies. So there were some good views. Unfortunately, it was cold too, and the clear skies only made it colder; 24 degrees back at the ranch. Brrr! But Wednesday morning I took my time getting to work, and had to snap a few quick pictures. From the driveway;

Close-up... man do I need to break down and get a tripod;

Over the divide;


And over the divide again, but this time looking back from part of the way down Magnolia;

I wish my legs this week, were as clear as the skies have been. Instead, they're feeling all blocked-up and blah. I tried to pretend that it was just the squishy ground out there right now that was slowing me down, but last night's road ride in the hills proved otherwise. So it will be interesting going into tomorrow's race at Xilinx. Especially since the plan is to do two races. I guess it's good that out of the ordinary, this race had pre-reg, and I already paid. Either way, I'll be on the start line twice.

I think I did too good of a job with the Hulk bike. It's the only bike I want to ride, it's just so much damn simple fun! The week before I did the open race in Frisco and figured I'd ride the geared bike, but the single speed just felt so nice. So tomorrow is a similar plan, one geared race, one single speed race, but we'll see how it works out.

But before all of that happens, tonight a few of us are off to the final Denver Roller Dolls bout of the year! And we're getting close to Halloween, so there should be some interesting characters out for sure! If you're looking for something to do, catch the bout, it's always an entertaining time!

No comments: