Friday, January 16, 2009

A Welcome 3-Day Weekend

It's Friday again... and none too soon. Even better, coming up is scheduled a 3-day weekend! And even better than that, it's looking like the weather might be good enough for 3 days of riding outdoors.

Well the introduction of the TF109, Toyota's car for the 2009 Formula 1 season wasn't nearly as "cinematic" as it sounded like it was going to be. But still, the car is pretty good looking.

But today... today was the introduction of McLaren Mercedes MP4-24. I know I'm a bit biased, but even with the new regulations, apparently aimed at making the cars less-attractive, I think the new McLaren is pretty damned good looking! Let's hope it's fast as well.

While we had the introduction of those two new cars, we had the exit of two big stars. Ricardo Montalban passed away this week... but I think we all know the Wrath of Kahn will live on forever. And who doesn't dream of a vacation at Fantasy Island?

Patrick McGoohan also passed away this week. I wasn't as familiar with him; I have seen a couple episodes of "Secret Agent" before, and had heard of "The Prisoner" before, but hadn't gotten to watch it. No worries, AMC now as all the episodes online, so I can catch up, since there doesn't seem to be a single thing on television anymore, anyway.

AMC is even making a remake of "The Prisoner", which is more proof that if you are ever a famous star, don't let them make a movie about you, or a remake of your most famous show, since you will likely die. How many times has that happened!?

About the only thing I've been looking forward to on television, is tonight's premiere of The Final Episodes of Battle Star Galactica. Finally.

I also finished up another set of wheels this week. I haven't gotten word on the actual weights yet, but they should be under 800 grams... for the PAIR! Extralite hubs, Pillar titanium spokes, and Edge 1.24 rims - crazy!

I could dream of a set of wheels like this for myself... but I don't climb nearly fast enough!

No comments: