Friday, May 22, 2009

Monaco

It's time for the best Formula 1 race of the year... the Monaco Grand Prix!

The least suited course of the year, for the potential of the Formula 1 cars, but easily the most popular race, with drivers, fans, everyone! Personally I don't think I would want to try to race there, but more than anywhere else, I'd love to spend race weekend in the city. Mooring fees for the harbor on race weekend, are a mere $30,000. But that's okay, I don't have a yacht anyway.

There's some of that bike racing going on locally this weekend as well. Friday night is the Superior TT. A nasty little, seven mile individual effort, with nearly 900 feet of climbing. Throw in the usual wind, and it's a tough course, for sure!

I'll probably skip the Louisville crit on Saturday, so I can get some stuff done around the house, and go visit the new nephew! Sunday it's back to racing with the Koppenberg race. Another evil race, this one definitely wins for how deceptive it can be... just a 5.5 mile loop, with 2.5miles of dirt, including a 200 meter, 17% climb, that has questionable traction on the best of days! We "only" do 8 laps... but it's the longest 45 miles you would want to do.

But that's okay... it's Memorial Day weekend! So it's a 3-day weekend of course... except for poor Jessica who has to work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather forecasters are wrong again, and it won't rain, and hopefully I can go throw down a shit-ton of miles on the Ninja!

No comments: