Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday

JP and I got some work done on the cross frame Monday, and it should be all set for the welding torch. Throw on some paint, and then some bike-bits, and it should be a rolling machine! Sorry, I didn't manage to get any pictures of the work we did the other night. But soon I might have one soon of it tacked-up, before the real welding starts.

I went full-on race-setup on the cross frame, if you remember, which means no water bottle bosses. Now, after seeing the iHome Bike to Beach Bicycle Speaker yesterday... I almost wish I had a bottle cage! I mean it's a speaker, that fits into your water bottle cage, and keeps your iPod safely tucked away inside. Just think of how you could annoy people on group rides! I wonder how loud this puppy goes. It just might be the answer to those annoying peeps that want to do a group ride with their headphones in, because well, they want to be SEEN on the ride, but not actually interact with others.

Though if I had smooth-pimpin;' cruiser... I would definitely consider running the speaker on one bottle mount, and the Surly flask and matching flask-holder on the other bottle mount. Now that would be slick - whiskey to keep you warm on those cold rides, and no worries about your headphones falling out, while you subject everyone to the most twisted depths of your music collection.

No comments: