Monday, August 25, 2008

World Championship Weekend

It's the weekend we've all been waiting for! Sure, most of the attention has been focused on the Olympics, and this little party the Democrats are throwing themselves after taking over the entire city of Denver. But really, I know that everyone has really been waiting for the Air Guitar World Championships!

Back in the real world... it was a pretty mellow weekend. Went for a night out on the town with Jessica, in Boulder on Friday night. Saturday I went out mountain biking for the first time in a long while. I wanted to explore one system of trails, and I did a great job of getting myself lost. Hopefully I can (efficiently) find my way back, so I can explore some more trails that looked sweet, but I didn't have time for. The afternoon thunderstorms were rolling in, just in time to chase me home.

Sunday was the HART race down in South Denver, so we packed up the car and left for that one. Much like this past weeks Bus Stop ride, I felt much more like my old self. Not 100%, but the power and endurance were starting to come back. So I was able to be fairly active, and do my thing, while going around and around the course. Some good excitement just before the start of our race, as a funnel cloud, which developed into a small tornado, was visible just a few miles away! Not much we could do other than stand there and watch it. I mean, where do you go for cover when you are standing in an office park, filled with locked office buildings? There wasn't too much worry, as it was small, and the wind was trying to keep it at bay for us. Unfortunately no pics, as I didn't have my camera on the start line with me.

The HART race was pretty much the last road race of the season. While I love cyclocross season, I have such mixed emotions when it's time for cyclocross season. Because of course that means summer is over, and winter is on it's way. Ugh... I would much prefer 12 months of summer!

Other than that, we also dog-sat cousin Tanis this weekend. It was Tanis' first weeekend at "Camp Brian" and I think he had a pretty good time. He got more than enough attention, that's for sure!

The rest of this week should just be a matter of trying to stay as far away from Denver as possible! I want no part of that mess!

No comments: