Friday, January 11, 2008

60 days...

A lot of things coming up in 60 days...

Sure, it's dorky, but I'm pumped for the return of Battlestar Gallactica. Finally, we will get to see what those pesky Cylons have been up to!



This week the Formula 1 teams unveiled their cars for the 2008 season. That's right, only 61 days left until the first Friday Practice! McLaren (adios Alonzo!) launched their brand new MP4-23 Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes, and it's a real looker. I can't wait, since word is they have lots of updated body surfaces that they will introduce between now and the Melbourne race. 3000 hours of time in the wind tunnel, over 14,000 hours of engineering design already, and well over the same amount of time in fabrication.



To be fair though, the 2008 Ferrari is an absolutely gorgeous car as well. And I'm sure these two will be battling throughout the season again. Standardized Electronic Control Units and the elimination of Traction Control Systems is only going to heat the battle up that much more.

Also in 60 days, it will be time to dust off the bicycles, take them to some nearby office park, and start the racing up again! Remember a few posts back how I mentioned some other big changes coming? Well the return of the race season is going to bring another one. After 3 years, and many great times with the guys on the Haul'n Ass Race Team, I'll be leaving to start a new adventure. I've accepted a spot on the Orange and Purple of the Vitamin Cottage Cycling team! After 3 years (in particular) of battling against them at every race, I'll be joining up with them. I'm looking forward to the new scene, and riding with a new group of guys, many of whom I know from racing against them, but I look forward to getting to know them better as we race together. I have no doubt it will be a great season!

It won't be all new guys on the team, as Randy and D-Rock are coming over to the new colors as well. It should all make a great combination of guys and skills and well, I can't wait for the first race of the season. I'll miss the guys on HART, but they are all great friends, and I know I'll see them at the races. This whole process got me to thinking that the changes that happen as guys shuffle around to different teams in the off-season, while stressful, actually keeps the racing that much more interesting when you have the same guys, just in different groupings, racing the same scene each year. You know, it's like shuffling up your kick-ball teams in gym class so the games are never the same.

Hmmm... 60 days? I better get some good sleep tonight, I need to get some good training in tomorrow!

No comments: