Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Tropics

It was like the tropics this morning... an amazing 38 degrees at 7am. Really, it's not warm, but given the temperatures of late, it sure was nice. I even found myself headed to work, without the usual cursing about the weather.

When I got to the top of the driveway, this big guy was hangin' out with his women.


The warm weather made for a nice orange-tinted morning as well.


I was reminded today that a certain store in town, actually has Taylor pork roll... the real deal... and in the cloth wrapper no less. I decided it was time to get some, and so dinner tonight was the real "cholesterol-sandwich". Pork roll, egg, and cheese. Well... I never go all the way to make it real, since that means putting mayo on it, and well, that's just not right.


The other night I finally watched the movie Jesus Camp. It was definitely one of the most disturbing movies I've seen. Downright amazing the way some people think. And by "amazing", I mean "crazy". I could go on and on about this movie. But really, the highlight for me, came when they stopped by Colorado Springs to visit Ted Haggard and his "little church". In particular, watching him go on about how they don't have "wonder whether homosexuality is right or not, because the bible says it's a sin". I'm pretty sure that includes having sex with gay prostitutes that you are buying methamphetamine from, even though it doesn't specifically mention it. Going on and on about the sins of the world, and all the while in the back of his mind he's thinking about scoring some ice. Setting an excellent example, living the holy life.

No comments: