Friday, February 15, 2008

Cupid Week

Another week done. Let's see if I can even remember what happened. The weather has been all over the place, dumping snow one day, 60 degrees the next. The weekend was looking good, but now it's looking worse, every time I check. At least the days are getting slightly longer all the time.

Valentine's Day was this week. Sure, it's a silly holiday, but you don't HAVE to celebrate it. Mostly, I get annoyed that there are only commercials for guys buying stuff for girls. Not vice-versa. Jessica and I use it as a nice excuse to go out for a tasty, special dinner. This year we were off to Westfalen Hof, just outside of Wondervu. It's a cool, cozy little German restaurant.

Dinner was quite good;

Appetizers (Yep, BOTH)
Koeniginpastetchen
Flaky pastry shell filled with Veal Ragout in Riesling Sauce with Mushrooms.
Gebackener (Baked) Camembert
Camembert breaded and deep-fried. Served with Cranberry Sauce.

Main course;
Frikadellen (Berliner Bulette)
Made from ground Pork and Beef with onions, parsley and several spices, rolled, breaded and pan-fried. Served with Mashed Potatoes, Red Cabbage and homemade Brown Gravy.

Dessert;
Black Forest Cake and coffee

Mmmm... dessert...


Now I've got some work to do this weekend to burn off those extra calories!

1 comment:

Notorious B.I.L. said...

Well done!!! Not so much your blog but all the conversation that you gave me. That took me way off guard! I felt loved! Then I realized you were both playing with my heart! Where's FITCH!!!