Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Full Moon Fever

I was wondering why yesterday was so strange. It seemed like everyone at the work place was incredibly high-maintenance, and just plain a bit "batty". Then I realized it's time for the full moon again.

It was relatively warm last night (all of about 28 degrees) so I got to play with the telescope some more. Even with a full moon, I figured I'd play around a bit, and managed to get some detail out of Mars. It actually had depth, rather than just being a point of light, so that was cool. Even though it was clear, there wasn't a whole lot to check out, since the really bright moon was washing everything out. But I managed to get this picture of the moon that came out okay;

Total lunar eclipse tonight, but I'm trying to not get too excited, since the forcast isn't looking particularly good for it.

No comments: