Monday, February 16, 2009

The Big V-Day Weekend

I'm not all about supporting Hallmark with their made-up holiday, but it is a good enough excuse to plan a special date with the wifey. So this year for Valentine's Day we got out of the house for the day. Checked into a hotel down in Denver, and just relaxed. We had dinner plans at the Rialto Cafe. Neither of us had been there before, but the menu for the evening was looking good. And while the entire meal was delicious, I think we agreed that the scallops served in the appetizer were the highlight of the meal. Most likely the best scallops I have had, here in land-locked Colorado.

After the meal, we took a short walk up to Lannie's Clocktower Cabaret to catch a special show of Gypsy Jazz music. Now it's only the second time I've been to a show at Lannie's, but I've gotta say, both of them were absolutely outstanding! Insanely good entertainment, in an incredible atmosphere, and just an all around great time! So if you ever get a chance to consider hitting a show there... take it. You won't be sorry. The band was was just awesome, and Lannie even busted out her special hat for the holiday show;

Sunday we slept in, and after some lunch with Seth, we made it back up the mountain to the homestead. Seth was also kind enough to hand-deliver my new team frame, wheels, tires, and a few other goodies as the new equipment trickles in, and so I can start to work on getting my tubbies glued up for the upcoming races.

I did all my training indoors this weekend, so I figured I might as well get outside with the new bike, and take some pictures. Just because new bikes are never as shiny as when you first get them, it was sunny out, and I needed to let the first round of glue start to dry.


It's just silly how pretty these things are!

No comments: