Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday

I'm not sure how, but I made it through another week. It was a tough one too... Full moon and everything. It definitely seemed to make people extra crazy at the beginning of the week. Not much at all to report this week. The good news is that I did get the sheeting on the ramp - the bad news is that I have completely forgotten how to skate. I thought about donating the ramps straight away. Yesterday did at least go a little better, so maybe I won't get rid of it yet.

Got the ramp done just in time too, since the weather was pretty crappy all week. I finally cracked, and I was forced to ride the trainer, aka. torture-device. Ugh. Must learn to love the trainer. I was trying to hold out, 1.) because I just plain didn't want to ride the trainer, and 2.) because I have a new trainer on it's way finally. After 13 years with my existing trainer... and actually wearing into the alloy roller, it's time for a new trainer. I'm hoping this one will help make things slightly more exciting with a "power" readout... but we'll see.

The only excitement this week came from a very interesting story I saw on the Science Channel about cockroaches, and a team of scientists designed robots that were able to successfully integrate into the cockroaches group. Not only that... the robots were actually able to influence the decisions of the cockroaches, working on their own! Crazy stuff!

I'm ready for the end of the work week. Tonight the mission, is to save the world by catching opening night for the Quantum of Solace. I can't wait! Daniel Craig makes a damn fine Bond. And after our trip, following Bond around the world, I need to get some sleep. I think I'll be hitting the double-header tomorrow at the last of the Boulder Racing cross series. 35+ and SS races both on the SS is the plan. Should be interesting since my riding has been almost non-existent this week.

No comments: