Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday Adventures

Last night when I got home, there was a family hanging out in the driveway;

I didn't realize it at the time, but it was shaping up to be a wildlife weekend... in the meantime, I had some beer to drink. I picked up a bottle of Trappistes Rochefort "10". It came highly recommended, but I wasn't ready for it... it was unbelievable! Incredibly good beer. Now I just need a cheap source for it. The "8" is up next, and is supposed to be nearly as good.

Saturday morning we were off to Ned for our weekend Hippie-Muffin and coffee trip, but I noticed a crowd out in the field;

It looks like the Elk are back in the valley, and their numbers are definitely doing well this year! Having all these guys in the yard, just makes me think of all those hunters that spend hours upon hours, stalking through the woods trying to chase these guys, looking for a clean shot.

When we got back, there were still more animals in the yard, including this mysterious creature... also known as Lucy. She gets to wear a fun cone, as she recovers from some stitches.

It was such a nice afternoon, I snuck out for a bit of a walk with Tayler and Neo. We climbed up to some rocks where you can get a good view of the reservoir;

And The Divide;

And crazy Tayler;

Looked like a good day up on Longs;

And finally, looking at Forsythe Rock.

No comments: