Friday, March 21, 2008

Sepang

I didn't post anything after last weeks first Formula 1 race of the year. If you got to watch it, you saw what a crazy race it was! Just 7 of the 22 cars finished the race. There were quite a number of reliability issues, and just plain driver-error issues. Of course this year saw the elimination of driving aids, namely traction control and engine braking. All the drivers coming up to the race, down-played the changes, and indeed the cars were pretty much just as quick. But I think the drivers underestimated how the changes would effect things during the heat of battle. -or they were just plain not willing to let anything out to the other drivers.

We barely got to watch Hamilton race, as he was off the front the very start, and through to the finish. He managed to keep his nose clean the entire race, and avoid the many crashes and offs that were going on behind him. Thank jeebus, as his last race of the season in 2007, had too much drama for me - as he threw away the title.

This weekend it's off to the Sepang track in Malaysia for the race, and I'm watching Friday practice right now. Not one of my favorite tracks to drive... you know... on PlayStation. But an definitely an interesting track for racing!

Today the article on last weeks cross race showed up on Vail Daily online today, with some great photos, and a fun write up. I liked the picture above, of me changing up the gearing before the race, then I noticed Neo watching me from the back seat, and then the picture just cracked me up!

I'm in the top 3 of 3 different categories, so I just might have to make the drive out for the last race in the series, next weekend. Tomorrow though, is the first crit for me this year! Up to the old stomping grounds in Greeley, for a race. I'm looking forward to going "race pace" again, but also just plain hoping for a safe race, after all the crashes that were seen at the City Park race a couple weeks back. Yikes.

And heading to Greeley is just plain a perfect excuse to hit up Cazadores... my favorite Mexican restaurant! When in Greeley, eat Mexican food. Oh! I definitely have to see if my favorite tortilla shop is open as well!

4 comments:

Blackie said...

Bring on the stories! I like stories, and I enjoy more ammunition for the mocking that is so very much fun.:)

Blackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blackie said...

my computer had a heart attack all over your comment wall. ha ha. sorry!