Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Thousand Million Shivering Fury Holes

Last night it was finally time to head down to Red Rocks Amphitheater to see The Cure! (great, recent interview here!) Very cool, and very about time; since I got these tickets for the show that was supposed to be last June, but instead it was rescheduled for almost a full year out. It was worth it though, VERY worth it. Jessica and I even had a visitor before the show, my cousin Erin, who was in town for a quick visit with her friend, and to catch the concert. That was fun since I haven't seen her in ages, and she could also do some recon for her upcoming trip out in July for our wedding.

I found this picture on Flickr today; the beauty of the interwebs, pictures from just the night before, that some stranger took. And there are even some pretty decent pictures out there from the concert. It seems like other people blow-off work in the morning as well. But this guy I really don't like, simply because he had 4th row seats! I decided that next time, I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay the extra for some really good seats, if I can get them.

This was the third time I have seen The Cure. The first was in Philly back during the Wish Tour, and then the last time was two years ago here at Fiddler's Green. Both of those shows were amazing, but this one really did blow both of those away! The set they played was awesome. There were only 5 of their new songs played, but that meant they played a wide selection of songs from different albums. Most importantly they played like 5 or 6 songs from Disintegration. And they played at least 4 songs that I hadn't gotten to hear them play live before.

One of the highlights had to be them playing "Hot Hot Hot" while off in the distance some crazy thunderstorms had lightning flashing and lighting up the clouds. They played just over a full THREE hours! Including 3 encores, the last one of which was made up entirely of songs from 3 Imaginary Boys, their first album.

All in all an amazing show... even if it meant getting home at 1.30am and paying for my late night this morning when I had to get back to work.

1 comment:

Randy Reichardt said...

Nice! Well worth it I am sure.