Friday, May 2, 2008

First Friday in May

Wow... that was a long week for sure. It took forever. At least Jessica's birthday made for a great time, but besides that, it was pretty flat. The weather didn't help, bouncing back and forth as it did.

The amazing thing this week, has been making giant steps forward with getting Neo and Tayler to hang out together. Lately, I've been letting them hang out more and more. Last night though, I let them push the boundaries until they were full-on playing together! It was crazy... as in to the point that we have a new problem; they were to the point of playing together constantly, and wrecking havoc through the house. Tonight we tried again, outside even, and they kept disappearing. I'd go to look for them, and find them rolling about together, attacking one another (in play)! Let's keep our fingers crossed that this continues!

There is no Formula 1 racing this weekend, we'll have to until next week for the event in Turkey. At least we have beer to try on a cold Friday. Tonight is something even more local, Billy's Chilies from Twisted Pine Brewery right here in Boulder.

This beer is made with 5 different kinds of peppers. And the bottle says that the aroma will "jump out at you." No doubt... I was amazed at the sharpness of the peppers in the aroma. It was like sticking your nose in a bowl full of fresh chillies! Sadly, I really didn't care for it that much. The taste of the peppers is impressive in the beer, but I think I wanted to taste beer, not a glass of peppers. It's definitely unique, and worth a try, you might even like it, but it's not for me.

I have to go to bed now, so I can get up ridiculously early, and drive too far, and pay too much money, all to race up a short little hill in weather that's going to be way too cold. As you can tell, I'm not very excited for the Lookout Hillclimb tomorrow.

No comments: